Friday, July 1, 2011

Marley the Monkey

                                        Marley’s Family Fun
Hi Blue, Ethny, Luna, Brina, Cedar, Leandra, Cadence, Kaitlyn, Sara Shea, Kayla and of course Rylynn. It’s me again, Zelda the Zebra. Me and Tweeter bring you greetings from your Grandparents who miss you so much. They would like us to introduce you to some of their Kenyan friends.

Actually they are a whole family of friends ….monkey friends! Tweeter asked one of the monkey boys to climb down the tree and tell you about his family and guess what? He said he would love to. So let me introduce my friend Marley who will introduce you to the rest of his family.



Hi, my name is Marley the monkey that's me below on the left. I want to tell you a little about my family.
 First there’s my Dad that's him below on the right. He takes care of the whole family but sometimes he gets little grumpy. Below him is my mom . Isn’t she beautiful? 



Then there are my big brothers and sisters. Below them and to the left are the twins and to their right of  them is ....last but not least is my baby brother Moley.



Moley is always hungry and always trying to get some lunch from mom but sometimes she tells him to knock it off. If he cries too much she gives him a ride on her back. Does Rylyn ever get a ride when she cries?



We live in the trees. We have great long tails that help us jump, climb and hold on. I bet we can climb a tree faster than you Blue. If you had a tail like mine Ethny I think you wouldn’t have broken your wrist. But I’m sure you all walk better than me.



 Does Leandra, Sara, Kayla, Kaitlyn ever go to the Zoo? Sometimes we get to go.  Actually the Zoo comes to us! Here comes a big blue Zoo right now. Look at all the funny animals in their cages at the Zoo. If we smile at the animals they throw us fun things to eat. If no one is looking I climb up on the Zoo where I’m not supposed to be. It’s fun looking in at them. I wonder if Cedar or Cadence ever do anything like that?



Sometimes we share Zoo food. If there’s not enough we eat leaves and bugs. Taste pretty good too. Do you think Luna might want to try some?



We must be very pretty monkeys cause sometimes the animals get out of their cages and take our pictures. They try real hard to get us to look but we look away. That always makes me laugh a lot.



Sometimes we play king of the pole. You sit on a pole and try and not let anyone pull you off. Then we jump from pole to pole and walk on the fence wire to another pole. Sometimes the pole is too small …ouch!







Our most favorite thing is to play in the trees. We jump from tree to tree and chase one another till we so tired we take a nap. Did you take your nap today?


Well from Zelda, Tweeter, Zenia, Marley, Morley and the gang we love you, but not as much as your Paw and Gema do. So throw them a kiss and don’t forget to pray for them. All our love here in Kenya to all you wonderful Grandchildren back home. See you next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment